Thursday, May 5, 2011

Triomphe


I've been daydreaming of Paris so much this week. Which is okay, except that here at home the weather is finally warming and the plants and trees and flowers are turning into a lovely Spring.

I'm guessing the restlessness has something to do with: 1) having lived in Boston for just over two years, and 2) having been at my current job for almost two years. According to the last eight years of my life, this is when I pack up and move to another city, another job, another adventure. Well, now I'm a married lady, and there's just so much to learn!

As compared to me, my Robert is actually an adult and has a real-life career. So...we won't be spontaneously moving within the next few months?? Oh. Hmm. I'll just try to travel more often?? This may be an appropriate time in my life to think more in terms of we than I. To learn how to give and to receive. To be brave in my goals for my career. And to travel.

4 comments:

jenn said...

I love this realization...I love the thought of you traveling more... maybe to meet Mags soon! What a beautiful, lovely city Paris is. I want to go back with BOTH of you someday!

American Yak said...

I do pine to live in Paris...sigh... :)

Kaybee said...

Interesting! I was thinking the same thing about you when we talked the other day! :-) love you!

The Speres said...

You and I are too much alike...I can't remember being in one place for more than 2 years since I was in high school...