Friday, February 13, 2009

Film Is Not Dead - Katie and Leo

















Without Leo Patrone, I would not know Jon Canlas. I was stunned when I first saw Leo's photographs about two years ago, and even asked if I could be his assistant! I stumbled onto Jon's work because they are friends, and was pleasantly met with the opportunity to learn more about their art, lovely. The second day of the workshop we talked about how to set up and manage taking family formals and all the respective familial photos after the ceremony. We then had the "Bride and Groom" photo session at Valley of the Temples near Kaneohe. Katie and Leo have a memorable style and a very strong understanding of one another, which I really enjoyed observing.

4 comments:

Bryce and Heidi said...

remarkable

Jonathan Canlas said...

holy crap leilani. there are some AMAZING shots in here. seriously amazing. i love the one of leo with his hassy looking at you. how the light is wrapping around his face. the sky is the limit with you leilani. seriously.

Leo Patrone said...

Leilani, you're amazing!

Gabriel-Bello said...

I am constantly looking at your page and these images tend to grab my attention the most. You are so talented.