Wednesday, February 18, 2009

'Dazzling Uncertainty'













I thought I'd take a pause from the workshop photos to share a few of Boston! I've been here just over three weeks, and about two weeks ago I went around Faneuil Hall, the Financial District, through Boston Common and along Bolyston street to find some photos. The OBEY image is one of Shepard Fairey's many posters he has put around the city, and I went to an exhibit last week of his art at The Institute of Contemporary Art. He makes a powerful statement and his process fascinates me. This day was actually one of the coldest I've experienced, somewhere in the teens with lots of cold wind...I honestly kept laughing out loud that I was wandering about, feeling more coldness than I thought possible! But a quote displayed by the Old South Church became my teacher...

Thanks to Mr. Twain for embracing the bedazzlement.

9 comments:

The Snapdragon Inn said...

that is great quote for our curious New England weather for sure. ahhh the textures of the city pix--hope we can come down soon to see you.

The Snapdragon Inn said...

didn't mean to comment as the Inn--this is Chris obviously.

The Inn would love to see you too!

paula said...

Good going in Boston! Many hugs from the west coast. Love the pictures

paula said...

Good going in Boston! Many hugs from the west coast. Love the pictures

Bryce and Heidi said...

Fun Leilani! Miss you. Thanks for the comment on my hair cut! I already want it long again!

American Yak said...

This is a great collection. I love your photography.

-- Rob

Lindsay said...

Hey, when you come to Seattle in May will you take some pictures of my city? I would love to hang something like this in my house!!

Leilani Bascom said...

I would love to Linds...we need to get some art up in your house for sure!!

katiebaker80 said...

Picturing you all wrapped up, wandering the streets, belting out your undeniably adorable laugh brings a ginormous smile to my face. I've been enjoying perusing through your photos for an hour now. You have a really beautiful eye. Love ya Lani.