Sunday, June 22, 2008

Festival Of Colors March 2008







These photos are from the Festival of Colors in March at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork, Utah. Also called the Festival of Holi, it's a celebration of winter's passing and spring's arrival, along with showing love and honor to the Radha and Krishna gods. There are loads of people from the community and neighboring cities who come to dance and sing, and mainly to throw colorful powder on each other, among other activities, like getting to pet those lovable llamas!! I've attended the past two years, and found the energy and boldness of colors cheerfully animating.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I want to pet the llamas!

Amanda said...

Such a fun festival - I am sorry I missed it this year. You take great pictures!

Kelleen said...

Aloha! I found your blog from Janaan's. I just wanted to say hi. When are you moving out here?
-Kelli

emmalily said...

Hi Lani!! All of your pictures are gorgeous -- as well as your new haircut!

Leesha said...

Love that picture of Matt's face! Awesome!

grant olsen said...

Great shots, Lani. Love the festival. By the way, I'm beginning to suspect that it was you who banged on my window that night while we were watching "Harry and the Hendersons"...